[wingide-users] Re: What doc tool do you use?

Jason L Connor jconnor at redhat.com
Tue Oct 4 16:49:00 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 11:52 -0700, David Taylor wrote:

> Sigh. I just checked and you're right; epydoc hasn't had a pulse since
> 2008.
> I know the tool still works, but I hate the idea with adopting
> something
> that has no future. Does anyone have a suggestion as to which way to
> go in
> terms of an API-docstring doc generator that works well with Wing?
> From what
> I can see with a quick search, Sphinx seems to be alive and well, and
> getting the most attention. Any feedback on it? All I need is a
> lightweight
> tool, though I had hoped to use pydoc with GraphViz to produce UML
> diagrams...

I'm not sure what it is you're looking for here.

I actually use pydoc for my current work project. However, I've been
using sphinx on some of my personal projects with great success. Plus
restructured text (read: sphinx) in compatible with rtfd.org
(readthedocs.org) as well as github :)

--
Jason L Connor
linear on freenode #pulp