[wingide-users] epydoc!

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Oct 4 10:32:22 MDT 2011

On 04/10/2011 03:55, Marc A. Murison wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:00, <wingide-users-request at wingware.com
> <mailto:wingide-users-request at wingware.com>> wrote:
>
>     We plan on improving both in the future and perhaps will support
>     things
>     like epydoc. . .
>

> +1 +1 +1 +1 !!!

Although epydoc itself is dead, right? (No longer maintained and pretty
serious bugs in the output from the last released version.)

Does sphinx, along with its autodoc extensions, have any convention
around parameter types and return values?

I'm also a big anti-fan of dead asserts and isinstances just for the
sake of Wing. What would be really awesome is if Wing could pickup type
information (annotating and updating the pi files perhaps) from a test
run. Allowing for polymorphic calls naturally...

The type inferencing (by static analysis) in the Visual Studio tools for
python is also pretty awesome (for example if you have a list of tuples
with a regular type structure it flows the type analysis through - so if
you unpack the members of the list in a loop it knows the type of the
unpacked values).

The features provided by Wing code analysis (goto definition and
autocomplete for example) are big reasons for my love of Wing - so
seeing competition in this space is definitely good. :-)

Michael

--
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

May you do good and not evil