[wingide-users] Feature request: manual inline type annotation

David Taylor taylor234 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 3 11:36:48 MDT 2011

+1 on epydoc support.
I'd vote + 10 if I could.

-----Original Message-----
From: wingide-users-bounces at wingware.com
[mailto:wingide-users-bounces at wingware.com] On Behalf Of Wing IDE Support
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 8:08 AM
To: Linos
Cc: wingide-users at wingware.com
Subject: Re: [wingide-users] Feature request: manual inline type annotation

On 10/3/11 3:01 AM, Linos wrote:
> Although it seems for me an impressive work (pull types from the debug
> process to store them for the ide to use) still i think that at the
> time i have run the debug process i have made all the hard work of
> manually type all the functions with this parameters for the code
> tested without Wing help (speaking about when the types have not been
determined).

> Anyway for modifications or refactoring this should be extremely
> useful, only that not for writing the first time.

Yes, that's why you want both static analysis and runtime introspection
-- there are cases where one or the other doesn't work.  Note that a debug
session needs to be active for Wing to use runtime introspection.

We plan on improving both in the future and perhaps will support things like
epydoc, as mentioned in another message in this thread.

Cheers,