[wingide-users] Feature request: manual inline type annotation

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 3 09:07:42 MDT 2011

On 10/3/11 3:01 AM, Linos wrote:
> Although it seems for me an impressive work (pull types from the debug process
> to store them for the ide to use) still i think that at the time i have run the
> debug process i have made all the hard work of manually type all the functions
> with this parameters for the code tested without Wing help (speaking about when
> the types have not been determined).
>
> Anyway for modifications or refactoring this should be extremely useful, only
> that not for writing the first time.

Yes, that's why you want both static analysis and runtime introspection
-- there are cases where one or the other doesn't work.  Note that a
debug session needs to be active for Wing to use runtime introspection.

We plan on improving both in the future and perhaps will support things
like epydoc, as mentioned in another message in this thread.

Cheers,