[wingide-users] occurrence highlight persistence

Harald Thingelstad harald at thingelstad.org
Tue Nov 1 10:17:39 MDT 2011

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 11:11:07 -0400
Wing IDE Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:

> On 11/1/11 6:49 AM, Campbell wrote:
> > This has always seemed random to me. I really like sticky highlights
> > though. How can I make this the default behaviour?
>
> This is an interesting idea, though would the highlights ever be
> cleared if the last thing selected continued to be highlighted?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

I think he meant «make the highlights stay there until next search or,
for each highlighted piece of text, until the text is changed so it
doesn't fit the search any more.» I'd really like to see the same so I
guess that's it. ;-)
Currently the highlight disappears when the search is over.

Vim has this feature, same with less etc.
The highlight doesn't need to glare when the search is over,
but I'd clearly like to see it.

Harald