[wingide-users] Source Assistant docs.python.org links

Harald Thingelstad harald at thingelstad.org
Tue Nov 1 10:04:01 MDT 2011

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:57:36 -0600
Ken Kinder <kkinder at gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw in 4.1's changelog that Wingware added links to docs.python.org
> in the Source Assistant. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing that feature.
> For example, if I type "import os" and then "os.", I see the
> docstring for the os module, but I don't see a link to the standard
> library's documentation?
> Wing IDE users list
> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

While on the topic here:
I like to have this documentation locally, both as installed
documentation packages and compiled from source. Faster browsing for
me, less load on the python servers, and personally I'm looking into
so I need *that* documentation instead.
Not to mention the external libraries and packages, it often comes with
its own documentation.

Would it be possible to this local documentation? It's a natural next
step as I see it.

Using tags (python versions, package names) with uris (http//, file://
etc.) in a list. Or at least being able to change the uri to the base
python docs as a project setting?

Would be very nice.
Harald