[wingide-users] Clever enum solution that works with autocomplete?

Graham Wideman initcontact at grahamwideman.com
Thu Mar 31 04:14:24 MDT 2011

Hi folks,

I wonder if any of you have settled on a solution that you especially like for implementing enums in Python, and which works with autocomplete?

I am aware of:
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0354/
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/413486/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1969005/enumerations-in-python

...etc..., and that different enum solutions may have nuances that suit different scenarios better or worse technically.

However, here I'm looking for thoughts on solutions that make creation of the enum set/list/class/whatever not too cumbersome, and also enable display of the available values in autocomplete.

Thanks

-- Graham