[wingide-users] Autocomplete does not work in the editor with numpy objects

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Fri Mar 25 12:10:12 MDT 2011

On 3/25/11 1:27 AM, Joon Ro wrote:
> For example, if I do the following:
>
> import numpy as np
>
> test = np.zeros((10,10))
>
> test.

It looks like zeros is defined in an extension module and static
analysis cannot determine the type of its return value.

> after that test., nothing comes up, regardless I have run those first
> two lines in the shell.
> But in the Python Shell, after I run the first two lines, after test.,
> autocomplete suggestions comes up normally.

The shell is introspecting the runtime state of the python shell process
so can display completions that the editor cannot.

You can run the debugger to a breakpoint in the scope where the code is.
  When a debug session is active, the autocompleter in the editor will
combine information obtained from static analysis and from introspecting
the state of the process being debugged.

Cheers,