[wingide-users] Best way to integrate wingIDE with Buildout projects?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Mar 22 12:57:04 MDT 2011

On 3/22/11 2:39 PM, Noe Nieto [http://percepcionunitaria.org]] wrote:
> Setting the Python executable to bin/instance doesn't make it.
>
> I added ommelette to my buildout, switched back to the default python
> and aded the ommelette directory (parts/ommelete) to the Python Path.
> That enabled code completion and analysis.

Does it continue to work if you set the Python Executable to
bin/instance?  I'm suspecting the key step here for completion to work
was adding the omelette directory (b/c now Wing can find the modules)
and bin/instance is the Python instance for the buildout so it's best to
point Wing to that as well (particularly if the default found Python is
not the same version).

> I'm still curious about how to configure debugging...

If you want to launch the debug process from the IDE, most likely
setting Python Executable to bin/instance will make it work.  You can
optionally also set a main debug file in the Debug menu or right
clicking on the project view, and you set run args with file properties
(right click on the file).

If the code is launched from outside of the IDE see
http://wingware.com/doc/debug/debugging-externally-launched-code

Please let me know if this does not help.