[wingide-users] Text Justification annoyance

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Wed Mar 16 18:02:47 MDT 2011

On Wednesday 16 March 2011, Michael Foord elucidated thus:
> Hey all,
>
> I have a text justification annoyance.
>
> I have code thusly:
>
> from .util import (
>      strclass,
>      safe_repr, _count_diff_all_purpose,
>      _count_diff_hashable
> )
>
> I select just the three lines between the parentheses (not the lines
> with the parentheses on) and hit command-J. What I get is:
>
> from .util import ( strclass, safe_repr, _count_diff_all_purpose,
>                      _count_diff_hashable )
>
> What I, and any sane developer, want is something like:
>
> from .util import (
>      strclass, safe_repr, _count_diff_all_purpose,
>      _count_diff_hashable
> )

Actually, what I want is:
from .util import (strclass, safe_repr, _count_diff_all_purpose,
                   _count_diff_hashable)

That's the most asthetically pleasing for me.

PEP 8 does not specifically address this, but PEP 328, which it
references, presents this exampel:

from Tkinter import (Tk, Frame, Button, Entry, Canvas, Text,
    LEFT, DISABLED, NORMAL, RIDGE, END)

So, draw your own conclusions. :)

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer