[wingide-users] Text Justification annoyance

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Mar 16 17:17:10 MDT 2011

Hey all,

I have a text justification annoyance.

I have code thusly:

from .util import (
     strclass,
     safe_repr, _count_diff_all_purpose,
     _count_diff_hashable
)

I select just the three lines between the parentheses (not the lines
with the parentheses on) and hit command-J. What I get is:

from .util import ( strclass, safe_repr, _count_diff_all_purpose,
                     _count_diff_hashable )

What I, and any sane developer, want is something like:

from .util import (
     strclass, safe_repr, _count_diff_all_purpose,
     _count_diff_hashable
)

Given that I specifically *didn't* select the lines with the parentheses
on it is annoying that the reformat acts as if I did. It also makes the
operation useless to me.

Thanks,

Michael

--