[wingide-users] want option to omit properties in debugger

Mitchell Model dev at software-concepts.org
Tue Mar 15 09:01:33 MDT 2011

The Debugger Data Filters preference provides a very useful way to list types to omit from a data display. I use a lot of get/set properties in my current project, and 'property' is not one of the options for omission. (It is not omitted when instance methods are.) These take up a lot of distracting space, because for each property I have the corresponding name prefixed with an underscore. Also, since not all instance variable names are preceded by an underscore, I frequently lose sight of those in the midst of all the properties.