[wingide-users] Debug I/O window

Anthony Floyd anthony.floyd at convergent.ca
Mon Mar 14 15:05:42 MDT 2011

I'm sure there's an easy solution, but a long-time irritant is getting more irritating: I always have two separate Wing document windows open (different monitors, same project, mix of files). Each window has a Debug I/O tool in the tool box. When I'm debugging, only one of the Debug I/O tool windows gets the debug messages. *Which* window gets the messages doesn't obey a ruleset that I've understood yet. Invariably, it's *not* the one connected to the window that I'm looking at right at that moment.

Removing the Debug I/O tool from one of the windows doesn't work either: in that case, I'm not guaranteed to see output in the Wing window that has the Debug I/O window -- I might just not see anything.

So: Is there some way to control, influence, or predict where the debug messages are going to appear?

Thanks!
Anthony.

--
Anthony Floyd, PhD
Convergent Manufacturing Technologies Inc.

Email: Anthony.Floyd at convergent.ca | Tel:   604-822-9682 x102
WWW:   http://www.convergent.ca    | Fax:   604-822-9659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Convergent, intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
Unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited. If you
are not an intended recipient, please immediately notify Convergent and destroy
any copies of this email.  Receipt of this e-mail shall not be deemed a
waiver by Convergent of any privilege or the confidential nature of the information.