[wingide-users] Can't get pymel autocomplete to work in Wing 4.0

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Mar 7 18:19:19 MST 2011

On 3/7/11 1:44 PM, Jens Hauch wrote:
> Has anyone got pymel autocompletion to work fully in Wing? While we can get some of the auto completion to work, Maya commands like bindSkin() don't. Any help would be most appreciated.

I see the same behavior if mayapy.exe is set as the Python Executable;
what's happening is that Wing is finding animation.py (where the
bindSkin function is defined) in the python path so it ignores the
animation.pi file.  Changing the executable back to the default removes
animation.py from the path and you can the better autocompletion from
the .pi file, but then you lose the python shell.

We'll see if there's a better way to do this or if we can set things up
so both files are read.

Cheers,