[wingide-users] Idea

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Mon Mar 7 14:01:01 MST 2011

Hello folks,

There's something I wanted for a long time. It can be called "Automatic
watch". It's basically like "Watch", but its goal is to allow maximum user
laziness, i.e. require the user to make the minimum of keyboard strokes and
mouse clicks.

For example, if I'm stepping through the program line-by-line by using F6,
and Python just did an assignment `x = my_function()`, I want to immediately
see what value was put into `x`, without explicitly asking for it.

That was a simple example, there are more complex cases.

What do you think?

Ram