[wingide-users] Can't get pymel autocomplete to work in Wing 4.0

Jens Hauch Jens at arena.net
Mon Mar 7 11:44:45 MST 2011

Has anyone got pymel autocompletion to work fully in Wing? While we can get some of the auto completion to work, Maya commands like bindSkin() don't. Any help would be most appreciated.

What we have tried:
- Set the completion folder indicated above in the Wing Porject Properties Python Path as indicated on Autodesk's site.
- Copied pi files located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Maya2011\devkit\other\pymel\extras\completion" into the Wing home directory as indicated on Wings site.
- Done various google searches and searched forums for a solution.
- Searched the Wing, Autodesk and pymel sites.

How we import pymel:
from pymel.core import *
Then I type (indicated as the way to test if pymel is autocompleting correct on the Autodesk site):
bin

OR we also tried this to see if importing pymel * was causing the problem and it still did not work:

import pymel.core as pm
Then I type (indicated as the way to test if pymel is autocompleting correct on the Autodesk site):
pm.bin

Setup:
We are running Maya 2011 32-bit and Wing Pro 4.0.0-1 (rev 24068) on Windows Vista 64-bit

References used:
Wings how to:
http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/maya

Autodesks how to:
http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/2011help/PyMel/whats_new.html
and
http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/2011help/PyMel/eclipse.html

cheers,
Jens Hauch ] ArenaNet
Lead Technical Artist  ::  High altitude shader operator  ~ All Around Nice Guy