[wingide-users] Wing is graying out regularly

Matt Calder mvcalder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 14:04:02 MST 2011

All,

I am getting frequent (every minute or so) gray outs during debugging
sessions with Wing. Running top shows that Wing is hitting the
processor pretty hard (100%) during these periods. This is a rather
large project (100's of files), I am dealing with fairly large data (a
number of 2000 x 5000 numpy arrays), and happen to have installed Wing
4.0 very recently. Basically, there are a number of potential
culprits. What I am hoping to get is some advice on how to track down
exactly where the issue is. Is there a way to get Wing to generate
informative log messages during these periods of resource starvation?
I realize that is an open ended question, any suggestions are welcome.
This is Wing 4.0.0-1 (rev 24068), running on: Linux version
2.6.35-24-generic (gcc version 4.4.5 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) )
#42-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 2 02:41:37 UTC 2010. As an aside, it would be
nice if in the Help-About, the system information could be presented
in such a way that one could simply cut and paste the important bits
into an email such as this one in one pass.

Matt