[wingide-users] Rearrange editor tabs?

Graham Wideman initcontact at grahamwideman.com
Thu Mar 3 02:11:17 MST 2011

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply.  Good to know that this cursor feature might become available.

Next question:  Is there a way to reorder the editor tabs? I see how to move a tab/file to a new window, and move it back (so it goes to end of row of tabs), but that's pretty laborious.  FWIW I like to order tabs left-to-right from most general to most subsidiary, as this helps keep track of what's happening when debugging.

Finally, I should say that I have now spent many hours with Wing IDE, and so far it's been a smoother experience than with competing products.  It's the first Python IDE that doesn't occasionally crash for me, and the code completion is the best I've tried so far.  I actually feel like the environment is actively helping me find my way around Python functions and features, rather than requiring me to rely so heavily on other references.

-- Graham