[wingide-users] Cursor-beyond-EOL mode?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Mar 2 08:24:09 MST 2011

On 3/1/11 10:29 PM, Graham Wideman wrote:
> I'm just test-driving Wing IDE, and so far liking it.
>
> A small point -- is there an editor mode/personality/setting which disables the constraint on the cursor to stay within the text on each line?  Sometimes called "cursor beyond End-of-line" or something similar?
>
> I know others like the default behavior, but I find the cursor jumping horizontally as I move around vertically to be very distracting, and I get on much better with editors that permit the cursor to maintain its horizontal position.
>
> And I notice that there's a "trim right whitespace on save" setting , which usually goes with "cursor beyone EOL"... so I'm hopeful.
>
> Thoughts?  Thanks!

This is something we're getting closer to supporting.  There is now the
notion of "virtual space" in the underlying code editing widget
(Scintilla) but we still have it disabled because it was causing
crashing and we didn't yet have time to debug it.

So it's not available now but we hope to add it as an option.