[wingide-users] Cursor-beyond-EOL mode?

Graham Wideman initcontact at grahamwideman.com
Tue Mar 1 20:29:22 MST 2011

Hi folks,

I'm just test-driving Wing IDE, and so far liking it.

A small point -- is there an editor mode/personality/setting which disables the constraint on the cursor to stay within the text on each line?  Sometimes called "cursor beyond End-of-line" or something similar?

I know others like the default behavior, but I find the cursor jumping horizontally as I move around vertically to be very distracting, and I get on much better with editors that permit the cursor to maintain its horizontal position.

And I notice that there's a "trim right whitespace on save" setting , which usually goes with "cursor beyone EOL"... so I'm hopeful.

Thoughts?  Thanks!

-- Graham