[wingide-users] Wing IDE 4.0.3 released

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Jun 12 15:20:37 MDT 2011

On 6/10/11 3:31 PM, Wingware wrote:
> * Provide optional reminder when Support+Upgrades is expiring

Hi,

This new feature is confusing some users because the reminder is also
showing up for non-commercial use and other license types that were
never covered by Support+Upgrades.  Also, the notice makes it sound like
our upgrades policy has changed (it hasn't).

I will try to issue a patch to fix this soon.  In the meantime, I
thought I should clarify this to the list:

We have not changed our upgrades policy.  All licenses are still
perpetual, cover all releases within a major release (currently 4.x),
and you get a free upgrade to any new major release made within a year
of your purchase or upgrade.  Also, support for installation problems
and bugs that prevent use of Wing IDE is always free for all users.

Support+Upgrades was added as an option with the release of Wing IDE 4.0
for users that want additional support and/or that prefer to pay an
annual fee that includes upgrades to new major releases.  You get can