[wingide-users] Wing IDE 4.0.3 released

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Fri Jun 10 14:47:14 MDT 2011

On Friday 10 June 2011, Wingware Support elucidated thus:
> On 6/10/11 3:41 PM, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> > On Friday 10 June 2011, Wingware elucidated thus:
> >
> > I've not seen an announcement, so I ask: is the 3.x line officially
> > dead?  I can understand there not being any enhancements, but are
> > there bug fixes?  Or is my only option for bug fixes to upgrade to
> > 4.x?
> >
> > Just wondering.
>
> Because of the degree to which the sources have diverged, we're
> limiting 3.x to only critical bug fixes at this point.  Each major
> release has a life span of about three years.

Figured as much.  Can you give an idea as to what a "critical bug fix"
is?  Maybe examples of bug fixes that were back-ported in the past?

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A