[wingide-users] Autocomplete differences in Python Shell vs Document

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Fri Jun 10 09:48:36 MDT 2011

On 6/10/11 11:30 AM, Dave Burkholder wrote:
> Relatively newb in Python... In developing with Django, one thing is
> really irritating me about Wing's Autocomplete; it works all the time in
> Python Shell, but not in the document.

The difference is that the autocompleter for shell is introspecting the
live runtime state of the python process for the shell while the
autocompleter for the document is using static analysis to understand
the code without running it.  Because of this, the two often differ.
The document autocompleter will introspect the live runtime state of any
active debug process, but not of the shell.

Are you getting autocomplete choices for any of your django modules?  If
not, the problem could be your python path.