[wingide-users] X11 losing focus issue on Mac OS

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Thu Jun 9 09:15:03 MDT 2011

Hi Danny,

> Has anybody ever been able to fix that extremely irritating focus problem in Wing (X11) where every so often some process steals the focus (and never give it back)? I googled a lot for this problem and it seems some kind of sync process in the background is causing this but I haven't found a cure. All tips I did find didn't fix it. It's driving me nuts.
>
> Anybody?

I have experienced that problem for one year at the very least. You have surely read the discussions on x11-users at lists.apple.com: the very developer in charge of X11 development at Apple, Jeremy Huddleston, seems at a loss about that issue. He can't even reproduce it, even though a handful of people have reported that bug over the past two or three years. For the time being, no solution in sight I am afraid.

A native WingIDE may land before a fix for that bug actually ;-)

Luc Bourhis