[wingide-users] Problem with raw_input()

Chiaki ahiku.jp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 12:09:53 MDT 2011

Hello :)

I try to load a script plugin for Wing IDE, but I have a problem with the
input_raw()
For example:

def setPath():
    path = raw_input("Add Path: ")
    return path

def main():
    f = setPath()
    print f

The input_raw() works fine when I evaluate the code in Python Shell, but is
not compatible when Wing IDE execute as script.

/Script Input Error::Scripts cannot read from stdin
Runtime failure details:
Exception: "<type 'exceptions.EOFError'>"
Value = ''/

How can I input text into my variable when I load the code as Wing IDE
script?

Thanks :)