[wingide-users] Re: Feature request - don't remove file contents when file is deleted in background on disk

Stephen Argent steve at nullcon.org
Wed Jul 6 18:10:12 MDT 2011

Hi Russ,

The only recovery I've ever used (for Linux) has been in the form of
"testdisk", and "R-Studio Linux". I'll be sure to take a look at
"extundelete" too - thanks for the input!

I would expect if Wing is continually crawling these, it could
*potentially* make them more difficult to recover, but I'd expect only
if it was writing things to disk... Did you do more work shortly after
rm'ing? If so, it's possible this could've saved to that area of the
disk, effectively wiping out those .py files.

-Stephen