[wingide-users] Re: Feature request - don't remove file contents when file is deleted in background on disk

Russell Warren russ at perspexis.com
Wed Jul 6 15:26:05 MDT 2011

For future reference, I had some decent undelete success with this excellent
tool for ext3/ext4:
http://extundelete.sourceforge.net/

Curiously, pretty much all files EXCEPT my .py and .ini files were recovered
(eg: all .pyc were recovered).  The completeness of that purge is
interesting...  I had Wing's "search in files" set up to search all .py and
.ini files in my project, so I'm assuming it is something about Wing
continually crawling around all those files that made them unrecoverable.

Russ