[wingide-users] Debugging code invoked by pkg_resources

Jeremy Lewi jlewi at intellisis.com
Fri Jan 28 18:09:23 MST 2011

Hi,

I want to debug  a python script "my_script.py" that is invoked as follows:

dumbo   start  my_script.py

dumbo is a python executable script that uses pkg_resources to start code;
i.e the code is below.

__requires__='dumbo==0.21.29'

Import sys

from pkg_resources import load_entry_point

sys.exit(

    load_entry_point('dumbo==0.21.29','console_scripts','dumbo')

)

I would like to put a break point in "my_script.py".

Is there a simple way to start python and then break into it when it enters
my_script.py?

Thanks

Jeremy