[wingide-users] Wing IDE 4.0 beta6 released

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sat Jan 15 10:06:23 MST 2011

On 1/15/11 10:54 AM, Dave Burkholder wrote:
> I'm having trouble with refactoring / renaming in 4.0 beta6.
>
> I select the variable, go to Refactor / Rename. Wing then highlights (very accurately) all the likely uses.
>
> In the Refactor tab, I enter the new name. But Rename Selected Uses stays greyed out. I hit enter, etc and nothing happens.
>
> I followed the documentation to the best of my knowledge, but can't get renaming to work. What am I missing?

The button should enable once you type a different name or paste one in.
  So this sounds like a bug.  It seems to be working in general for me
so perhaps it's only in certain contexts.

After replicating the problem, can you please send us a bug report from
the Help menu and include the error log when prompted?  That may show us
what is going on.