[wingide-users] "Find points of use" on __init__ constructors

Russell Warren russ at perspexis.com
Tue Jan 11 15:05:21 MST 2011

Right now (Wing Pro 4b5) if you do "Find points of use" on an __init__
function it seems to just look for occurrences of the __init__ symbol
everywhere (although what I get pack is truly bizarre at the moment..).

It would be nice if it located all locations where instances of the
appropriate class are created.  For comment and string hits I can't think of
much of a use case, but any references to ClassName.__init__ in a string or
comment might also be useful.

eg:  Find hits identified in sample below.

class Foo(object):
  """A Foo object.

  Foo.__init__ is defined.    <--- HIT HERE

  """
  def __init__(self):
    #    ^-- rt-click and find points of use here
    # This is Foo.__init__.  It does nothing.   <--- HIT HERE
    pass

f1 = Foo()   #<--- HIT HERE
f2 = Foo()   #<--- HIT HERE

Cheers,