[wingide-users] Sqlite Wing IDE Plugin

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jan 3 09:31:34 MST 2011

On 1/3/11 7:56 AM, Riley Porter wrote:
> This is my first post to this list so I am not sure as this is the
> right place to ask this question. However, here it goes. I was
> wondering if there is an sqlite plugin available for viewing data in a
> sql db through the WingIDE interface? If there is not, is this
> something that the wingIDE api would be able to support? Where can I
> find more information about writing plugins ? As I would very much
> like to see this feature available. As a convert to WingIDE from
> eclipse, this is the real only feature that I "miss" from eclipse.

Hi,

There is no such plug-in currently available, as far as I know. It is
something that is in our longer-term plans, but not something we would
manage to add anytime soon, I think.

It may be possible to write one using the scripting API that Wing IDE
provides. This is documented at http://wingware.com/doc/scripting and
there are examples in the “scripting” directory in your Wing IDE
installation. There are also user-contributed scripts in the wiki at
http://wiki.wingware.com/

Since you would need to build some kind of a tool panel, and the API
does not include support for that, you would probably want the source
code for Wing IDE, which you can get under an NDA. The file
scripts/pylintpanel.py was also originally written by a user, and it
includes the definition of the panel.

You may also want to take a look and see if you can find a standalone
tool, that you could use in tandem with Wing IDE, rather than going to
the effort of writing a tool.