[wingide-users] Loosing focus when opening dock areas

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Feb 23 14:51:17 MST 2011

This is one where it would be nice if Wing could read your mind and know
if you wanted to just look at the tool or type something into it.  In
general, I think it's better to shift the focus; ESC or pressing the key
to hide the tool again will return the focus to the editor.

I think it would be confusing to do something different depending on the
tool and even then it wouldn't be foolproof -- sometimes you want to
look at search results and other times you want to modify the search.

Cheers,

John