[wingide-users] New simplified licensing for Wing IDE
info at wingware.com
Thu Feb 17 18:44:29 MST 2011
I am happy to announce some changes to the licensing model for Wing
IDE. These are designed to better address the needs of our customers:
1) The per-OS licensing constraint has been lifted. All Wing 4.x
licenses, including those purchased during the beta period, can be used
on any or all of the supported OSes.
2) For Wing IDE Pro, licenses are now priced according to whether they
are used commercially ($245) or non-commercially ($95). Non-commercial
licenses are available to students, educators, unpaid hobbyists, and
publicly funded non-profits. Wing IDE Personal licenses cost $45/license.
3) For Wing IDE Professional Commercial Use licenses, we are now
offering 5-pack pricing ($1150 each). We continue to offer volume
discounts on 10 or more licenses.
4) We are now offering paid Support+Upgrades subscriptions as described
at http://wingware.com/support/agreement. Wing IDE Pro licenses come
with one year of Support+Upgrades coverage. Subscriptions can be
renewed or added to Non-Commercial or Wing IDE Personal licenses at a
cost of $89/year per license. Upgrades without a subscription cost 1/2
the regular license price.
5) We continue to offer free licenses for unpaid open source developers
and for classroom use of Wing IDE. See details at
6) Wing IDE Professional Commercial Use licenses are now explicitly
designated as transferable.
For more information on the new licensing see
Please contact sales at wingware.com if you have any questions about this
Wing 4.0 Sale: 20% Off Everything
To celebrate the release of Wing 4.0 final (coming soon!) we are
offering 20% off all our products, including new licenses, upgrades, and
Support+Upgrades subscriptions, through March 17th 2011. Just enter
discount code w4sale when prompted during the ordering process starting
Wingware | Python IDE
Advancing Software Development
More information about the wingide-users