[wingide-users] connect to existing WSGI/apache server?

Chris Curvey chris at chriscurvey.com
Mon Feb 7 19:04:12 MST 2011

> You're looking for the attach port (50015 by default) and may need -a to
> list the listening sockets.
> We probably want to take any further details of your setup off list.
Thanks .... netstat -a tells me a lot more.  Like "nothing is listening on

So I read the docs again, and set up my wingdbstub as listed in

kEmbedded = 1  # in wingdbstub.py

import wingdbstub
if wingdbstub.debugger != None:
    import time

in my settings.py.  (BTW, I had to add "debugger=None" in wingdbstub.py at
line 178, or things kept crashing with an AttributeError saying that
wingdbstub had no attribute debugger".  It looks like I'm getting two quick
passes through "import wingdbstub", and that WINGDB_ACTIVE is not set the
first time, but then it is set the second time, and that causes the
"debugger" variable to remain unset.)

So I'm not quite sure what I'm still doing wrong.

Ignoring that little voice in my head since 1966!