[wingide-users] connect to existing WSGI/apache server?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Feb 7 13:43:10 MST 2011

On 2/7/11 3:28 PM, Chris Curvey wrote:
> I am including Wingdbstub.py in my code (the plain version from the
> distribution), but when I try to do "attach to process", I'm told that
> "The remote process is not accepting connections or is not running."
>   I'm not sure if this is caused by apache, mod_wsgi, or the fact that
> both of my processes are using the same wingdbstub.py.

Is the process listening on the attach port?  You can check with netstat
run from a command line.  If it is listening, it may not accept the
connect if no Python code is run, which could happen if it's blocked in
a C function call somewhere.  In this case, you could try attaching with
gdb in on non-Windows or Visual Studio on Windows.