[wingide-users] connect to existing WSGI/apache server?

Chris Curvey chris at chriscurvey.com
Mon Feb 7 13:28:44 MST 2011

I have a Django server that runs on Windows, using Apache and mod_wsgi.  In
fact, in order to get around the GIL and use both CPUs on the box, I have
the same codebase running on two servers, listening on ports 9000 and 9001.
 I have another Apache server acting as a load balancer to route requests to
either server.

Sometimes, both of my Django servers freak out and take 100% of each
CPU...and never seem to recover.  I would give my eye teeth to find out
where the servers are getting stuck.

I am including Wingdbstub.py in my code (the plain version from the
distribution), but when I try to do "attach to process", I'm told that "The
remote process is not accepting connections or is not running."  I'm not
sure if this is caused by apache, mod_wsgi, or the fact that both of my
processes are using the same wingdbstub.py.

Any idea how I can attach to one of these running processes so I can stop it
and see what it's doing?

--
Ignoring that little voice in my head since 1966!