[wingide-users] IronPython and Wingware Personal Help

Brian Whitfield nin90.box at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 02:27:13 MST 2011

Hello,

I am having an incredibly hard time getting Wingware auto-completing with
IronPython. I followed the online tutorial and went to go use the *
generate_pi.py*. When I use the lastest one, nothing gets generated, all I
receive is errors. I found an older one, but it only generates 28 files and
errors out:

*Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "generate_pi.py", line 846, in <module>
  File "generate_pi.py", line 735, in ProcessModule
  File "generate_pi.py", line 579, in GenForObject
SystemError: The operation requires a non-generic type for Func, but this
represents generic types only*

I am using Windows 7 (not 64-bit), IronPython 2.6 for .NET 4.0, Python 3.1
and Wingware Personal.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I have been at this for 4 hours to no
avail. I even saw an older post about this saying that downloading the
source files and moving them into  the IronPython Program Files fixes any
issue, but it still hasn't for mine.

Anyone else having this issue?

-Brian