[wingide-users] Opening .py files with Wing via OSX

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sat Feb 5 21:34:12 MST 2011

On Feb 5, 2011, at 16:23 , Riley Porter wrote:

> Is it possible to double click a .py file and have OSX open it in Wing?  I
> will launch Wing but not open the file from what I have tried so far.

This may help: in the finder, select a ".py" file, and do Get-Info (CMD-I).  This opens an "info" window for the file.  In that window, you should see an "Open With" entry, with a disclosure triangle.  Clicking on that will give you a drop-down menu where you can select one of the system's choices for an app to use, or an "Other..." alternative.  If 'Wing' is not one of your available choices, use "Other..." and navigate to "Wing", and select that.

You have a "Change all..." button available; check whether choosing 'wing' for this file works, and if it does, you have the option, with the button, of associating *all* .py files with 'wing'.

> Sorry if this is obvious.

One man's "obvious" is another man's conundrum.  HTH.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large