[wingide-users] Remote debugging

Matt Calder mvcalder at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 07:27:54 MST 2011

Thanks for the suggestions. I am getting quite acceptable results now,
here is what I did.

I am using ssh -C -Y though that was not a huge difference on its own.

I installed the package: gnome-core, this is ~350MB, so undoubtedly I
did not need everything in there. Nevertheless, as it is now, I can
debug remotely and the response is quite nice. More or less it feels
like developing on a relatively modest computer, which is partly
because the cloud instance I am running from is just that. The fonts
and icons are just a bit coarse, though I consider that a feature as
it makes the remote Wing visually distinct from my local ones.

I may go on to try some of the products mentioned, but for now, I am
happily Winging my way through the clouds (sorry, I couldn't pass that