[wingide-users] Compiling to .exe from within Wing IDE

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Dec 23 06:47:10 MST 2011

On 12/23/11 4:09 AM, Musaab wrote:
> Is there already an way to, or will there ever be a way to compile a
> file/project to .exe from within Wing such as a build or compile option in
> one of the menus?  (with cx_freeze for example)

We hope to add this some day but currently there isn't integrated
support for it.  Of course you can still package your code and could
probably set up the command to do it in the OS Commands tool.  Note that
pyinstaller is another cross-platform one.  I'd love to hear from anyone
that has tried both of these and has comments on which is better.