[wingide-users] Open and debug a file from a terminal

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Dec 21 08:20:15 MST 2011

On 12/20/11 5:57 PM, Chen, Guojun wrote:

> I know that we can use :'wing myfile.py' in windows command window to
> launch WING and open the file in editor.
>
> Similarly from the command window, I’d like to launch and DEBUG the
> file in WING IDE immediately without popup?

Hi,

The only way to do this from the command line requires you to import the
wingdbstub module to initiate debug in your code and then you just
launch your code with 'python myfile.py' or similar as you normally
would from the command line. The docs for this are here:
http://wingware.com/doc/debug/debugging-externally-launched-code