[wingide-users] I can't get debugging from inside of Wing to work

Jens Hauch Jens at arena.net
Thu Dec 15 16:51:00 MST 2011

I can't seem to debug a file from within Wing. Funny thing is I CAN debug it when I remote debug from Maya. To make sure it was not something in my file I even tried using the debug example code in the Wing Documentation under 1.6 Tutorial: Debugging which is:

def getItemCount():
    return 5

When I run the debugger (F5) it does not stop at the break point and I get the following message printed to the message window:

Debugger: No debug process / not listening for connections
Debugger: Listening for back-connection
Debugger: Connected to debug process
Debugger: Debug process running; pid=14672 [0 modules loaded]
Debugger: No debug process / not listening for connections
Debugger: No debug process / listening for connections on TCP/IP port 50005
Allowed hosts:  127.0.0.1

Does anyone know why this is happening?

cheers,
Jens Hauch ] ArenaNet
Technical Art and FX Lead  ::  High altitude shader operator  ~ All Around Nice Guy