[wingide-users] Debugger won't pause

Michael Hipp michael at redmule.com
Sat Dec 10 07:32:42 MST 2011

To this point I've not been a very sophisticated user of the Wing debugger; now
trying to change that...

I have a program that is converting lots of records from a legacy database and
stuffing them into Postgresql via SQLAlchemy. Somewhere it just stalls forever
... I'm pretty sure its deep in SQLA during a commit(). If I hit the Wing
'Pause' toolbar button nothing seems to happen. The Call Stack tool is empty
and the program appears to still be running but still not doing anything. The
'Step' tools remain disabled on the toolbar. The stop button works fine but
doesn't tell me where it was stuck.

Is there something I can do in Wing to tell me where its getting hung?

Win7, Wing Pro 4.1.2-1, Py2.7.2.

Thanks,
Michael