[wingide-users] Opening a file from a terminal

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Dec 2 06:57:07 MST 2011

On 12/2/11 6:15 AM, Benjamin Hepp wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is a way to open a file in an open WingIDE
> session from the terminal? So something like the 'edit' command-line
> tool for TextWrangler in OS X.
>
> So in a terminal I just want to type e.g.:
> editwing filetoedit.py
> to open the file in my running WingIDE.

Yes, you can run the command 'wing myfile.py' to do this using the
'wing' that is inside the Contents/MacOS directory within the
WingIDE.app bundle.  You may want to create a symlink to that so you're
not stuck typing the full path
/Applications/WingIDE.app/Contents/MacOS/wing (or wherever you've placed
it) on the command line.