[wingide-users] "Shared project" has no effect?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 30 08:28:46 MDT 2011

On 8/30/11 7:46 AM, Jai wrote:
> I'm using Wing IDE to work on a project from multiple computers, and
> using SVN outside wing to keep them in sync. I ran into the standard
> .wpr conflict problems, and Google suggested the "shared project"
> setting. My default was already set to shared, and indeed the .wpr has
> the following: "proj.file-type = 'shared'". But I still seem only to
> have one big .wpr file on both machines. Creating a new project, with
> the default "shared" creates a monolithic .wpr with "proj.file-type =
> 'shared'", and then a "[user attributes]" setting, which seems to be
> contrary to expectations.
>
> This is WingIDE personal version 4.0.3 on linux and Mac. Is it
> possible that the split into project and user info files is part of
> the SVN support that the personal version doesn't have?

I think these projects must have been set up with Wing IDE Professional
since Personal does not have the shared project feature and always
stores everything in the .wpr.  In Pro you would get a .wpr which you
can check into SVN and a .wpu which you should not.  Using a project
with both Personal and Pro generally works but not so well if you're
using shared projects.