[wingide-users] cx_oracle import issue

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Aug 25 08:20:43 MDT 2011

On 8/25/11 10:06 AM, Larry Buza wrote:
> I cannot seem to run the debugger against a script using the cx_Oracle
> module without getting an import error:
>
> "ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.7/cx_Oracle.
> so: undefined symbol: OCIDBShutdown".
>
> However, I can run the same script from the command line without any
> error.  I can also import the module without error within the Python
> interpreter outside of Wing.
>
> I am running Wing Pro 4.0.3-1 on 64 bit Ubuntu, and my bashrc has
> ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.4/client64 <http://10.2.0.4/client64>.
>
> Any thoughts?

You may need to set the Python Executable in Project Properties if Wing
is using a different Python version and/or add ORACLE_HOME to the
Environment in Project Properties.  You can inspect what interpreter and
environment Wing is using in the Python Shell (use Restart in the
Options menu to restart it after altering Project Properties).

Please let me know if that does not help.