[wingide-users] Some thoughts

Danny Bloemendaal Danny.Bloemendaal at informaat.nl
Mon Aug 22 02:49:45 MDT 2011

On 19 aug 2011, at 21:41, Wing IDE Support wrote:

B.  Requiring me to type a lot to fine things.  Tab completion, and
smart guessing of what I'm looking for
would be a huge improvement.

Are you just typing fragments of the file name or the whole thing?  You
can enter 'brow init' to get .../browser/__init__.py (just as an
example).  You can also use the switch-document command; the keybinding
depends on the keyboard mode.

Ah, didn't know there was such an option. Just tried it but the problem with it is that it doesn't select an item when there is only one match forcing me to use cursor keys to select that one item. Other than that it seems as a useful feature.

Danny.