[wingide-users] Some thoughts

Danny Bloemendaal Danny.Bloemendaal at informaat.nl
Mon Aug 22 01:41:34 MDT 2011

On 19 aug 2011, at 21:41, Wing IDE Support wrote:

It should only be slower the first time and then faster after that.  It
should also be faster the first time in the next release.

I should have mention speed, since the speed isn't the main issue.
The biggest problems are these:
A.  Allowing input in the current editor while waiting for the open
files dialog to come up.

Is this an issue the 2nd+ time you use this?

To me the problem remains every time I open up the dialog. I'm usually working on big Plone/Zope projects with thousands of files. Opening the dialog usually takes around 10s. It is still faster than using the navtree but it is a annoying that it takes so long. And indeed, I am very careful to not type right away. I have broken production code in the past because of this and me not being aware that some characters were inserted at places (of untested code, I know).
So indeed, making this more responsive is a big + for me here.

Cheers,

Danny.