[wingide-users] Some thoughts

Philip Gatt gattster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 12:20:36 MDT 2011

IF -- and this is a big IF -- PyCharm can get rid of the slow and clunky feeling it has, and the quirks it has, then I think Wing might have something to be concerned with.

PyCharm has some great concepts, but when I tried using them they just didn't work 100% of the time. For example, it has good detection of errors giving you in-line warnings. I found myself having to cut / paste the same line to get it to re-initialize the line.

I love that PyCharm is raising the bar for what an IDE can do,  but after testing PyCharm for a month I am glad to be using  Wing.