[wingide-users] Re: Debugging an Embedded Python Script

theDarkBrainer theDarkBrainer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 20:51:18 MDT 2011

theDarkBrainer wrote:

> But what would that be?

Ok, for the sake of completeness i'll post that i've found the issue.

It seems that Python 2.7, the one I was using, depends on the VC90 C Runtime
(VisualStudio 2008). That is to say it depended on 'msvcr90.dll'

The way I solved it is to make my app dependent on "Microsoft.VC90.CRT"
using manifests. I've added the following dependency:

<dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity
            type="win32"